And just like that Halloween is long gone and Thanksgiving is right around the corner. To celebrate, we're sharing some of our favorite simple Thanksgiving snacks. Feast your eyes on this spread.
Pretzel Turkey Bites
This salty, sweet combo is so so tasty! Not to mention they're so adorable. Gather pretzels, candy corn (take note when buying supplies that you'll need three candy corn for each pretzel), Reese's Pieces, Rolos, and candy eyeballs. In no time all your littles can gobble these up!
- Preheat the oven to 300. Line a pan with parchment paper
- Place pretzels with double rounded end towards you (salted side down)
- Unwrap the Rolos and place them in the center of each pretzel
- Place in oven till the Rolos soften (about one minute)
- Put candy eyeballs on the Rolo, in the middle, slightly toward the top, then take a Reese's Pieces and insert it sideways as the nose. Finally take three candy corn and place along top for feathers.
- Place in freezer to cool and solidify. Enjoy!
*Recipe from Suburban Simplicity
How CUTE are these chocolatey acorns?! I don't know about you, but wecould pop about five of these into our mouths asap. All you need is mini Nilla wafers, Hershey's chocolate kisses, melted chocolate and mini chocolate chips. Bonus? These are no bake so your oven is free for other Thanksgiving goodies.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Melt 1/2 a cup of chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Add a small amount of melt chocolate on the flat side of the cookie with either a butter knife or Ziploc bag (with the corner cut open)
- Then immediately press a Hershey's kiss on the melted chocolate
- Put in freezer to cool the chocolate
- Lastly, pipe a little melted chocolate onto the other side and place a mini chocolate chip on it
Recipe by Belly Full*
Pumpkin Pie Cheese and Crackers
Need an appetizer before the real deal? This cheese and crackers duo is too cute to pass up! Gather the ingredients and get ready for a delicious snack! Ingredients include: Triscuit Thin Crisps, Chicken in a Bisket, light cream cheese, and block(s) of cheddar cheese.
- Fill a Ziploc bag with cream cheese and snip the corner
- Cut triangles from the block of cheese so that it'll fit on the Triscuit thin crisp
- Dab a bit of cream cheese on Triscuit and place cheddar cheese triangle
- Then add some to the Chicken in a Biscut cracker and place on one end of the cheese to create back of pie crust.
- Pipe a bit of cream cheese on top for whip cream and take bite into this delicious appetizer!
Recipe from The Decorated Cookie*
These all look so tasty we're not sure which one to eat first! Regardless of what you create for Thanksgiving we hope your hearts are full of gratitude and love and your bellies full of delicious food!